Voting

Friday, June 15, 2007

Am I getting old?



I took my kids shopping in the city today. On the way home, I was flipping through the radio stations, just looking for a good song. When finally my craving was met. "Men at work"--"Down Under".....Woohoo! I was getting down!!!!! Then enter the next song..... "The Doors"---"Light my fire". A good song too, but not the type of song that I was expecting. "That's odd" I thought to myself. Then I noticed......... I was listening to the "oldies" station! Am I getting old? Why is music from my generation playing on that station? I mean, The beetles, The Doors, The Beach Boys, they belong there. But not my 80's music. Geez!!!!!!!!


When I was a child my mother would listen to oldies, and I would think to myself "WOW, she is OLD!" . In fact, when my parents would tell me stories about their childhood I would imagine it in Black and white. After all, I only saw black and white photos of them. Everyone looked and dressed just like they came out of "Leave it to Beaver", and that show was in black and white. When I was a teenager "the wonder years" came out, it was then that it finally hit me that my parents might have lived in color.


So now I wonder, how do my kids imagine my childhood? My 6 year old doesn't mind telling me how old (or fat) he thinks I am. Heck, he pretty much thinks that MY Dad is Dinosaur.


Well, Here I am in my 30's, my parents in their 50's. They seem just over the horizon to me. The people who once seemed sooooooo ancient to me, don't seem very old at all, and before I know it, I will be in my 50's too. Yikes!


Well, here's to age.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't feel old until I found out my little cousin is in her 30's.

You are a quick learner! Look at you with a playlist and everything!

Jean Knee said...

You're not old till alll your teeth fall out. If you have even one tooth left you aint old.
That station is crazy, they are really playing classic pop which everyone knows is groovy, I mean its cool, I mean rad, I mean awesome, I mean fab--yep fab.

Becky said...

Thanks..... I still have all my teeth...I could probably stand to lose a few....;)

That station is fab!