Voting

Monday, June 25, 2007

Hmmmmmm......

I want to post........ I really do, but my mind has hit a wall. I can not figure out what to write about. Sometimes I wonder if I am getting old to early. I ache, I am tired, I forget everything, and alas, I am getting grey hair (Waaaahhhh)........ and now my mind has drawn a blank, and I can not think of anything to post about.

No special thoughts, no funny story, I can not think of anything!

Wait, actually I do have a funny story. Its from my past. I hope you enjoy! .............

............My Cousin and I were regulars at the good old church dances. Since it was always a possibility that we might meet our future husbands, it was very important to make a good first impression. On the down side to this, my father drove the biggest, UGLIEST, most dreadfully large, bright yellow, ford station wagon, aka “the yellow submarine”. Oh, scary were the nights when it was his turn to drive. On one particular occasion, my cousin and I requested that he drop us off a block away from the church, and we would be more than happy to walk the rest of the way. Well, my father and his sadistic mind would not have such a thing. In fact, he enjoyed that we had asked this of him. And the rest of the trip left his mind scheming. We knew that we were in for “it” as his dreamy yellow ship docked right at the front door. He rolled down the window, stuck his head out and yelled, as loud as he could, “HEY BOYS, THE GIRLS ARE HERE”. In only the purest embarrassment, we covered our heads and ran straight for the Woman’s bathroom. After 15 minutes of hiding, we came out for an enjoyable night at the youth dance.

5 comments:

Jean Knee said...

I know whaat you mean, I can't think of anything to write about either. How bloggers get to their 100th post I don't know.

The past is always good, you can even write it like it just happened and nobody even has to know.
I still wish I had some of those tomatoes.

B said...

I think your story about the "yellow submarine" is a scream! We have "threatened" both of our girls that when they started to drive we would get them HUGT cars, paint them bright yellow, and put red reflectors all the way around the car! As I was reading your story, I kept picturing that in my mind.
I love that pic of your tomato, too. Today I just picked a first zucchini off our vines. Our tomato plants are filled with blooms, and I'm just waiting for them to 'sprout' into yummy tomatoes!
Brenda :-)
P.S. It's my niece who's getting married on Aug. 18th. The shower is at my house on Aug. 4th, so I've got to get those blasted invites done and in the mail soon! Yikes - like this week!

Melissa said...

Ha! I hope I'm as sadistic to my kids as your dad was... it's gonna be my revenge for the random screaming that all of my kids have gone through. Oh yeah. :D

Cheryl said...

Hello, I was just blog hopping and I spotted your photo of your darling little girl. I have been making little fairies out of photos of children.... and yours is just perfect. I used some recent photos of my grandson and I had them copied as black & white on copy paper. One in mirror image. I think total it was 12 cents. Then...I painted some rosey cheeks, a light wash of color on his outfit.... then I glued the two to gift box cardboard (very lightweight) cut them both out. Glued a pair of wings sandwiched between the two.... added some clear thread to hang it a bit of glitter here and there and taaa- daaa.... a little baby fairy. I'm going to make loads of them and hang them all over my Christmas tree this year. Just thought I'd share that idea~ Cheryl

Becky said...

Jean Knee & B- I am glad that you liked my story! My Dad LOVED to embarass me. My childhood is full of funny stories.

We are lovin' the tomatoes and anxiously awaiting more vegi's. We love our garden, it is so fun.

Melissa- I am pretty sadistic with my kids. My "tween" hates it( he will it some day), but my other kids love to go along with it. its fun! Life wasn't meant to be boring.

Cheryl- I am glad that you like my baby princess. She is such a doll, and I am madly in love with her (and all my kids, I only have one girl though). Your Christmas tree idea sounds cute. I might have to try it.