Voting

Monday, July 9, 2007

Mamma's been busy!

Wow what a day!
First, I woke VERY early to drop my son off with his Scout leaders, so that they could head up to a week long camp. Boy was he ever excited. I could barely keep him contained. HE was excited, and I was so nervous. Its hard to be away from you child for that long. I hope that he has a blast.

Next, I made gluten free chocolate chip cookies. There was no reason for me to make them, I was just curious as to how they might taste.... they weren't bad!
After that I took my very first zucchini of the season and turned in to 2 loaves of Zucchini bread. Mmmmmmm Mmmmmmm. I must admit I believe that was the MOST beautiful Zucchini I had ever laid my eyes. I hope that it tastes as good as it looks!

Also, I received a happy post card from Sodak Angel today (thanks! I am glad that you like the Kool Aid), and I want to thank Jean Knee again for the yummy M&M's last week! You Both Rock!

10 comments:

B said...

Wow you have been very busy. When my kids were little, it was very hard for me to be separated from them, but now, I look forward to the times when they aren't around.
Okay, so I need to come to your house to "borrow" your zucchini bread. I'm catering a tea party this Saturday, and that's one of the items on the menu, so I have to bake some this week, too. Luckily for me (since you live way too far away from me)I have 6 zucchini plants growning in my backyard and have picked several this week, so I will actually have the needed goods to make my own!
:D Brenda

Melissa said...

Fabulous! Your blog is making me hungry ;) Are you guys thinking of trying a glueten free diet?

Jean Knee said...

yum those cookies look good, what is gluten anyway and why should it be free?

Amanda said...

You have been very busy!! Those cookies look very yummy!!

We are anxiously waiting for our zuchinni plants, or any plants for that matter, to produce. Our growing season starts later here in SD.

It is hard to see our babies growing up and leaving home for extended periods of time. :(

Becky said...

B- Good luck with your tea party! I wish that I was there to help you!Be sure to post pictures.

Melissa- I had thought once about going gluten free, but quickly decided not too. the cookie mix was left from that.

JK- Gluten is wheat (from what I understand)

Good luck on your plants! Harvesting is so much fun. I love eating all of the wonderful things that we grow through the summer.

I miss my son soooo much! I am counting down the days until I can get him. It is way to quiet around here without him.

Melissa said...

We did the dairy free diet for a little while... but Little Bug (who is already TINY) lost weight and his doctor freaked out. It didn't seem to be making a difference ... I don't know how people go glueten free... it would be so hard :S

Chellie said...

I'm TOTALLY impressed!!
That bread is my favorite and it looks awesome! Great job!!

Thanks for the cute good mail... you're awesome!

Carrot Jello said...

Looks good!
Thanks for the card, and the charm. I think it's a charm, right?

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Hi Good Mail Girl!!!

I wanted to say Hi and to let you know that I am starting a Random Acts of Kindness Thing over at my blog. To kick it off and let everyone know about it. I am having a contest and would love for you to come over and read about it and maybe particpate!! Thanks so much!

Jennifer (Fellow Good Mail Girl)

Melissa said...

I got your good mail today!!! SO FUN! Thank you so much :D